We have been accompanying the German-French energy market for many years and are familiar with the respective peculiarities, challenges as well as the constant developments that the energy sector on both sides of the Rhine has to face. We support our French/Francophone clients on the German market as well as German clients in France in all matters of Franco-German legal relations. In doing so, we work together with lawyers (avocats à la cour) in France who also specialise in the energy sector and with whom we have built up trust and a joint practice over many years of cooperation. The cooperation is also based on the law firms’ comparable expertise in energy law.
We have experience in the legal support of Franco-German project financing and transactions as well as in cross-border company formations and contractual relationships. BRAHMS NEBEL & Kollegen is also an active member of the German-French Office for the Energy Transition (DFBEW). We regularly give presentations at events organised or supported by the DFBEW.
Our consulting services //
- Accompanying cross-border transactions of wind or solar parks or portfolios
- Support and advice on financing in Germany and France for energy projects
- Draft of necessary contracts for cross-border energy trading / Power Purchase Agreements (PPA)
- Coordination of energy law issues in France and Germany
- Accompanying the establishment of companies and setting up corporate structures in Germany and France for project development
Our clients //
- Project developer
- Banks and investors
- large energy supply companies
- plant operators as well as private-sector companies