The focus of our law firm and the specialisation of our lawyers is on energy law, with a particular emphasis on renewable energy law and heat supply law. Energy law covers the regulatory framework of generation, grid connection, feed-in, transmission, energy trading, grid operation, metering, distribution and final consumption of electricity, heat, gas and hydrogen. The relevant regulations are found in the Energy Industry Act (EnWG), the Renewable Energy Sources Act (EEG), the Combined Heat and Power Act (KWGK), the Metering Point Operation Act (MSBG) and the ordinances and specifications of the Federal Network Agency (BNetzA) based on them. Furthermore, energy law is increasingly shaped by the European legislator, so that the complexity of the interlocking regulations is a defining feature of this area of law.
The legal advice must also be carried out with a high sense of proportion for the economic aspects, for which a close and trusting cooperation with our clients forms an essential basis. In addition to the singular legal issue, the overall concept and the manifold effects and legal consequences must be taken into account and comprehensive information must be provided to the client as a basis for decision-making.
to provide clients with the information they need.
Our consulting services //
- Network quality issues (customer installation, closed distribution networks, general supply network)
- Advice on implementation requirements of unbundling/unbundling
- Creation and support of the development of measurement concepts
- Negotiations of energy supply contracts (PPAs, biomethane supply contracts, direct marketing contracts, cross-border energy trading, EFET framework contract)
- Grid connection contracts, structuring of substation companies
- Legal support for research projects
- Implementation of reporting requirements under energy law (bswp. market master data register)
- Representation before the BNetzA (e.g. abuse proceedings)
- Implementation of Redispatch 2.0
Our clients //
- Project developers of sustainable energy plants and of neighbourhoods
- Operators of sustainable energy plants
- Network operatro
- Metering point operator
- Energy traders / direct marketing companies
- Public utilities
- Industrial and commercial enterprises
- Housing associations
- Hospitals and Care facilities