We provide comprehensive support to companies from the energy sector, project developers and investors in carrying out transactions – on the seller’s or buyer’s side. This includes mergers and acquisitions as well as the purchase and sale of project companies.
We also advise you in connection with the financing of energy projects. Due to new marketing approaches and sector coupling, these are becoming increasingly complex. This also has an impact on financing.
One focus of our work is on transactions and financing with a foreign connection to France, Poland and Italy.
Our advisory services (M&A) //
- Structuring and support of bid or tender procedures (preparation of bid documents, drafting and negotiation of letters of intent or other exclusivity and confidentiality agreements as well as term sheets)
- Carrying out due diligence reviews
- Drafting and negotiating SPAs and other transaction-specific agreements on the basis of the findings from the due diligence process, also including antitrust aspects
- Execution of signing and closing
- Accompaniment in the post-closing phase
Our advisory services (financing) //
- Acquisition and project financing, corporate financing, promissory note loans, convertible loans, citizen financing models
- Advice on the structuring of financings (equity and debt including refinancing from KfW programmes), letter of intent and term sheet
- Carrying out risk analyses and checking the bankability of projects
- Design of collateral concepts
- Drafting, review and negotiation of the financing documents (national standards and LMA) including execution of the signing and closing process
- Monitoring and implementation of industry-standard disbursement terms and conditions
- Advising on the restructuring of financings in the context of a change of control
Our clients //
- Investors and banks
- Project developer
- Plant operator
- Public utilities
- Asset manager